I love a good Reuben sandwich and I love a good egg roll, so when I first saw the recipe for Reuben Egg Rolls on Pinterest, I knew it would be a winner. I have made a few construction changes for ease. This is a great recipe for game days, movie nights, and any time when you want an interesting, hearty finger food.
Reuben Egg Rolls
12 slices corned beef
6 slices Swiss cheese
1/2 Cup sauerkraut - rinsed and drained
1/4 Cup minced onion
12 egg roll wrappers
3/4 Cup Thousand Island Dressing
1/4 Cup German mustard
2 tbsp wine vinegar
1 tsp minced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl mix the sauerkraut with the 1/4 Cup of minced onion.
- On clean work surface, lay out a slice of corned beef.
- Place a half a slice of Swiss cheese, a dollop of the sauerkraut-onion mixture at one end of the corned beef slice and roll tightly.
- Set the rolled meat diagonally across an egg roll wrapper and start rolling, at the halfway point you will have a lot of extra egg roll wrapper on each side, fold the sides in and continue rolling till the end.
- Wet the end egg roll wrapper end so that it makes a seal.
- You can use a deep fryer or just pour an inch worth of oil into a skillet.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F
- Place the Reuben egg rolls, seam side down in the hot oil and fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning as necessary.
- Drain immediately on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Slice on the diagonal and serve with dipping sauce.
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients well and serve.